Any tools in Linux can change the size of partitiom of harddisk? - Help

This is a discussion on Any tools in Linux can change the size of partitiom of harddisk? - Help ; Windows has Partition Magic...

  1. Any tools in Linux can change the size of partitiom of harddisk?

    Windows has Partition Magic

  2. Re: Any tools in Linux can change the size of partitiom of harddisk?

    On Thu, 29 Jan 2004 14:03:46 -0500, Nick wrote:

    > Windows has Partition Magic

    There is gnu parted http://www.gnu.org/software/parted/parted.html

  3. Re: Any tools in Linux can change the size of partitiom of harddisk?

    Nick wrote:
    > Windows has Partition Magic

    I can think of two. You are limited by the filesystem type though, so
    beware. I haven't used either though.

    e2resize
    parted

    --
    Cameron Kerr
    cameron.kerr@paradise.net.nz : http://nzgeeks.org/cameron/

  4. Re: Any tools in Linux can change the size of partitiom of harddisk?

    Nick wrote:
    > Windows has Partition Magic

    Oh, and Partition Magic can resize ext2 as well in later versions, IIRC.

    --
    Cameron Kerr
    cameron.kerr@paradise.net.nz : http://nzgeeks.org/cameron/
    Empowered by Perl!