How to get the register values in Linux - Help

This is a discussion on How to get the register values in Linux - Help ; i want the contents of all registers to be displayed. And how could it be done?...

  1. How to get the register values in Linux

    i want the contents of all registers to be displayed. And how could it be done?

  2. Re: How to get the register values in Linux

    sheela wrote:

    > i want the contents of all registers to be displayed. And how could it
    > be done?

    I suggest you ask your question in comp.os.linux.development.system,
    you're much more likely to get a better answer there.

    --
    Cameron Kerr
    cameron.kerr@paradise.net.nz : http://nzgeeks.org/cameron/

  3. Re: How to get the register values in Linux

    sheela wrote:
    > i want the contents of all registers to be displayed. And how could it be done?

    If you mean CPU registers, use a debugger, like gdb. Don't ask me about
    it, see 'man gdb'. (I'll get into trouble for encouraging a lost poster.)

    --
    Ben M.

    What are Software Patents for?

    What do Software Patents do?