Complex filters in KNode??? - Help

This is a discussion on Complex filters in KNode??? - Help ; I'm trying to set up a filter in KNode and I'm not having much luck. The filter I want is: Show messages that are WATCHED or UNREAD. I can't see how I can set a filter for either of these ...

  1. Complex filters in KNode???

    I'm trying to set up a filter in KNode and I'm not having much luck. The
    filter I want is:

    Show messages that are WATCHED or UNREAD.

    I can't see how I can set a filter for either of these conditions. I could
    use a "Do NOT show READ and UNWATCHED" filter, but I don't see how to do
    this either?

    Basically, I want to be able to see any messages that I haven't read OR any
    threads that I'm watching.

    Is this possible?

    Alternately, are there other/better news clients out there?

    I'm running Mandrake 9.2 with KNode 0.7.2 and I'm a Windows convert, so my
    previous client was Outlook Express.

    Thanks!

  2. Re: Complex filters in KNode???

    On Sun, 25 Jan 2004 06:24:16 +0000, Noozer wrote in
    message news::

    > I'm trying to set up a filter in KNode and I'm not having much luck. The
    > filter I want is:
    >
    > Show messages that are WATCHED or UNREAD.
    >
    > I can't see how I can set a filter for either of these conditions. I
    > could use a "Do NOT show READ and UNWATCHED" filter, but I don't see how
    > to do this either?
    >
    > Basically, I want to be able to see any messages that I haven't read OR
    > any threads that I'm watching.
    >
    > Is this possible?
    >
    > Alternately, are there other/better news clients out there?
    >
    > I'm running Mandrake 9.2 with KNode 0.7.2 and I'm a Windows convert, so
    > my previous client was Outlook Express.
    >
    > Thanks!

    What you might want to do is try Pan. If Mandrake doesn't have it (I'm
    pretty sure it does, though) you can download it at
    http://pan.rebelbase.com. Pan has buttons right on it that allow you to
    show articles that are unread, cached, have complete attachments, are by
    you, or marked as watched. You also have the option to show only matching
    articles, show the matching articles' threads, or the matching articles'
    subthreads. And you can combine any of the filter buttons. The only
    thing it can't do (at the present) is post binaries.

    --
    Funny Sister Lurlean quote #173:
    "But I don't hate nobody you faggot!" --Lurlean causes everyone's irony meter

  3. Re: Complex filters in KNode???

    >> Show messages that are WATCHED or UNREAD.
    >>
    >> Basically, I want to be able to see any messages that I haven't read OR
    >> any threads that I'm watching.
    >>
    >> Is this possible?
    >>
    >> Alternately, are there other/better news clients out there?

    > What you might want to do is try Pan. If Mandrake doesn't have it (I'm
    > pretty sure it does, though) you can download it at
    > http://pan.rebelbase.com. Pan has buttons right on it that allow you to
    > show articles that are unread, cached, have complete attachments, are by
    > you, or marked as watched. You also have the option to show only matching
    > articles, show the matching articles' threads, or the matching articles'
    > subthreads. And you can combine any of the filter buttons. The only
    > thing it can't do (at the present) is post binaries.

    Tried it out and it seems pretty decent. I'll probably switch over once I've
    finished testing out the various software packages.

    Still no luck with the filtering in Pan either. I can't figure out how to
    combine the "Unread" OR "Posted by me" filters. I can get a filter to do
    one or the other, but not both.

    Thanks!

  4. Re: Complex filters in KNode???

    On Tue, 27 Jan 2004 09:24:16 +0000, Noozer wrote in
    message news:<47qRb.298478$X%5.248876@pd7tw2no>:

    >>> Show messages that are WATCHED or UNREAD.
    >>>
    >>> Basically, I want to be able to see any messages that I haven't read OR
    >>> any threads that I'm watching.
    >>>
    >>> Is this possible?
    >>>
    >>> Alternately, are there other/better news clients out there?

    >> What you might want to do is try Pan. If Mandrake doesn't have it (I'm
    >> pretty sure it does, though) you can download it at
    >> http://pan.rebelbase.com. Pan has buttons right on it that allow you to
    >> show articles that are unread, cached, have complete attachments, are by
    >> you, or marked as watched. You also have the option to show only matching
    >> articles, show the matching articles' threads, or the matching articles'
    >> subthreads. And you can combine any of the filter buttons. The only
    >> thing it can't do (at the present) is post binaries.

    > Tried it out and it seems pretty decent. I'll probably switch over once I've
    > finished testing out the various software packages.
    >
    > Still no luck with the filtering in Pan either. I can't figure out how to
    > combine the "Unread" OR "Posted by me" filters. I can get a filter to do
    > one or the other, but not both.
    >
    > Thanks!

    It shouldn't be too hard. All you have to do is click on both buttons.
    If you want "Unread" but not necessarily "New," you have to go to the
    Filter menu. Also, in the Filter menu, you can choose for your filters to
    show matching articles, their threads, or their subthreads.

    --
    Funny Sister Lurlean quote #44:
    "God blessed my private parts and they're ALL used ONLY for the purposes HE

+ Reply to Thread