How do I dialup my ISP? Where do I ask such questions? - Help

This is a discussion on How do I dialup my ISP? Where do I ask such questions? - Help ; Hi............ I have Redhat 8.0 installed. How do I dialup my ISP? Do I use "Mozilla 1.0.1"? Is there "dialup" program with Redhat 8.0 similar to DialUpNetwork with Windoze 95-98? I am not able to write a computer program, so, ...

  1. How do I dialup my ISP? Where do I ask such questions?

    Hi............

    I have Redhat 8.0 installed.

    How do I dialup my ISP?

    Do I use "Mozilla 1.0.1"?

    Is there "dialup" program with Redhat 8.0 similar to DialUpNetwork
    with Windoze 95-98?

    I am not able to write a computer program, so, please do not suggest
    that I write one.

    Where is the best place to post such questions?
    Where is the best place to post such questions?
    Where is the best place to post such questions?

    Thanks.........!!!!!!!!

    Bob Olsen, Toronto, bobolsen@mycybernet.net

  2. Re: How do I dialup my ISP? Where do I ask such questions?

    Bob Olsen wrote:

    > Hi............
    >
    > I have Redhat 8.0 installed.
    >
    > How do I dialup my ISP?

    What ISP? How do you connect in windows? PPP?

    > Do I use "Mozilla 1.0.1"?

    If you want to.

    > Is there "dialup" program with Redhat 8.0 similar to DialUpNetwork
    > with Windoze 95-98?

    Maybe. KPPP might work, but I don't know if that's what your ISP will
    accept. BTW, I wouldn't recomend making fun of Windows until you can hold
    your own in Linux.

    > I am not able to write a computer program, so, please do not suggest
    > that I write one.
    >
    > Where is the best place to post such questions?
    > Where is the best place to post such questions?
    > Where is the best place to post such questions?

    Why did you ask three times? I heard you the first time.

    This seems to be your first encounter with Linux, so let me offer some
    advice. 1) Always provide enough information. I know this can be hard to
    do sometimes, but for a question like this, we'd have to know your ISP, and
    what protocol they use for dialup connections. 2) Questions like, "Should
    I use program X," or "Which distro is best for task Y" should be avoided,
    as they tend to start "flame wars", that serve absolutely no purpose.

    Just come back with some more info, and we can try to help you.

  3. Re: How do I dialup my ISP? Where do I ask such questions?

    bobolsen@mycybernet.net (Bob Olsen) wrote in message news:<38f46935.0401100953.7822d73@posting.google.com>...
    > Hi............
    >
    > I have Redhat 8.0 installed.
    >
    > How do I dialup my ISP?
    >
    > Do I use "Mozilla 1.0.1"?
    >
    > Is there "dialup" program with Redhat 8.0 similar to DialUpNetwork
    > with Windoze 95-98?
    >
    > Hey there

    I'm new to this as well (2 days) but if you go into the configuration
    manager/programme (tool or whatever) and look at the network/internet
    tab there might be an option to connect to the internet through a
    network or a modem. I'm using Gnome GUI to do this but KDE has
    something similar.

    At the moment I have to log in as root to do this so you might have to
    also. Gets you online though.

+ Reply to Thread