Does anyone know of a way to trigger an action or command when a user
passes their soft quota limits? I looked in the Linux Quota
mini-HOWTO, and I didn't see anything that would really trigger a
script or anything. The best solution I see is a periodic cron job to
examine quotas and take action if a user is over the soft limit, but
it seems like there should be a better way...? This is with a 2.4.x
kernel compiled with quota support and an ext3 filesystem, but I'm
open to other filesystems if they have the feature and ext3 simply
doesn't.

Thanks,
~ Daniel