info about ELF file format section "gnu_version_r" - Help

This is a discussion on info about ELF file format section "gnu_version_r" - Help ; we are in phase of converting PE file to ELF file. we have eliminated all the section in ELF File ( since they are not required during execution). But when we used "strace" utility to run and trace all system ...

  1. info about ELF file format section "gnu_version_r"

    we are in phase of converting PE file to ELF file. we have eliminated
    all the section in ELF File ( since they are not required during
    execution). But when we used "strace" utility to run and trace all
    system calls made by our converted ELF file, we found it was making a
    call to "gnu_version_r" section entries. Can anyone tell us what does
    the "gnu_version_r" Section does & what is the role played by it's
    entries?

    We are using the "kernel32.dll.so" file as the shared file in our
    converted ELF file. The first entry in the "gnu_version_r" Section is
    for "kernel32.dll.so" & normally the following entry is for
    "GLIBC_2.0". But this is not working, so what should the entries for
    "gnu_version_r" Section be.

    since we have no source code as input to out programme ,we have no
    idea why " gnu_version_r" section is required ?

  2. Re: info about ELF file format section "gnu_version_r"

    http://www.tux.org/pub/tux/eric/elf/docs/GNUvers.txt

    HTH

    Chris

    Ramrao wrote:
    > we are in phase of converting PE file to ELF file. we have eliminated
    > all the section in ELF File ( since they are not required during
    > execution). But when we used "strace" utility to run and trace all
    > system calls made by our converted ELF file, we found it was making a
    > call to "gnu_version_r" section entries. Can anyone tell us what does
    > the "gnu_version_r" Section does & what is the role played by it's
    > entries?
    >
    > We are using the "kernel32.dll.so" file as the shared file in our
    > converted ELF file. The first entry in the "gnu_version_r" Section is
    > for "kernel32.dll.so" & normally the following entry is for
    > "GLIBC_2.0". But this is not working, so what should the entries for
    > "gnu_version_r" Section be.
    >
    > since we have no source code as input to out programme ,we have no
    > idea why " gnu_version_r" section is required ?

+ Reply to Thread