Hi all,

Does anyone know of a Linux TV application that will allow alpha
blending of the TV image with the desktop? I realise that this may be
a bit difficult in overlay mode, since data is written directly to the
video card, but I would accept a lesser framerate to get blending.

The reason I am asking is that I like to watch TV while surfing the
net, and in order to accomodate the TV screen I lose part of my screen
real estate.

I am running a bt878-based card with BTTV. Currently I am running
Knoppix, but as soon as I can sort this issue out I will be going with
a 'proper' distro.

I have seen a screenshot of this type of thing done with directfb, but
as a relative newbie I don't know how I would go about integrating
this with my existing setup. If this is the only way, could someone
please direct be to some pointers for getting directfb running with
KDE?

Thanks,

Robmash