Right Mouse Button doesn't work in KDE applications - Help

This is a discussion on Right Mouse Button doesn't work in KDE applications - Help ; I have run into a problem with KDE 2.2. For the last week or so, the right mouse button does not work in applications running under KDE. For example, if I select a misspelled word in Star Office, and right ...

  1. Right Mouse Button doesn't work in KDE applications

    I have run into a problem with KDE 2.2. For the last week or so, the right
    mouse button does not work in applications running under KDE. For
    example, if I select a misspelled word in Star Office, and right click on
    it, I do not get the drop down menu with the spelling corrections on it.
    In Gnome Mines, the right click no longer makes a mine. In Konqueror, the
    right click on a file no longer give the menu. Nothing happens. In all
    the cases, it is like the click is not being detected. The system had
    been working, and just stopped, for reasons I can't fatham.

    If I start my Mandrake control center (I am running version 9.0) and bring
    up the mouse hardware, it no longer detects the right click on the
    checkout screen.

    However, if I right click on a window title bar, I get the drop down
    screen. If I right click on the desktop, I get the normal drop down menu.
    If I switch from a a right handed to a left handed mouse, the right mouse
    button works as expected for a left handed setting. The left button does
    not. Since the right button always works in some conditions (including
    under Windows), I know the mouse is OK. I can't think of anything I have
    done to cause this problem. Any suggestions?

    I am running Mandrake 9.0 with KDE 2.2. The machine is a dual boot
    Windows 98 and Linux, AMD K6-II at 500 MHz with 512 Meg of memory, and
    two 40 gig drives, one for Linux, one for Windows.

    Thanx for any help

  2. Re: Right Mouse Button doesn't work in KDE applications

    On Sat, 27 Dec 2003 21:43:52 -0500, "Bill" wrote:

    > I am running Mandrake 9.0 with KDE 2.2. The machine is a dual boot
    > Windows 98 and Linux, AMD K6-II at 500 MHz with 512 Meg of memory, and
    > two 40 gig drives, one for Linux, one for Windows.

    .... run "xev" and see if mouse clicks are equating to events

    Mathematicians do it in theory.

+ Reply to Thread