Right Mouse Button doesn't work in KDE applications - Help

This is a discussion on Right Mouse Button doesn't work in KDE applications - Help ; I have run into a problem with KDE 2.2. For the last week or so, the right mouse button does not work in applications running under KDE. For example, if I select a misspelled word in Star Office, and right ...

  1. Right Mouse Button doesn't work in KDE applications

    I have run into a problem with KDE 2.2. For the last week or so, the right
    mouse button does not work in applications running under KDE. For
    example, if I select a misspelled word in Star Office, and right click on
    it, I do not get the drop down menu with the spelling corrections on it.
    In Gnome Mines, the right click no longer makes a mine. In Konqueror, the
    right click on a file no longer give the menu. Nothing happens.

    If I start my Mandrake control center (I am running version 9.0) and bring
    up the mouse hardware, it no longer detects the right click on the
    checkout screen.

    However, if I right click on a window title bar, I get the drop down
    screen. If I right click on the desktop, I get the normal drop down menu.
    If I switch from a a right handed to a left handed mouse, the right mouse
    button works as expected for a left handed setting. The left button does
    not. Since the right button always works in some conditions (including
    under Windows), I know the mouse is OK. I can't think of anything I have
    done to cause this problem. Any suggestions?

    I am running Mandrake 9.0 with KDE 2.2. The machine is a dual boot
    Windows 98 and Linux, AMD K6-II at 500 MHz with 512 Meg of memory, and
    two 40 gig drives, one for Linux, one for Windows.

    Thanx for any helpI have run into a problem with KDE 2.2. For the last week or so, the right
[...]

    Thanx for any helpRight mouse button doesn't work in applications

  2. Re: Right Mouse Button doesn't work in KDE applications

    Bill wrote:
    > I have run into a problem with KDE 2.2. For the last week or so, the right
    > mouse button does not work in applications running under KDE. For
    > example, if I select a misspelled word in Star Office, and right click on
    > it, I do not get the drop down menu with the spelling corrections on it.
    > In Gnome Mines, the right click no longer makes a mine. In Konqueror, the
    > right click on a file no longer give the menu. Nothing happens.
    >
    > If I start my Mandrake control center (I am running version 9.0) and bring
    > up the mouse hardware, it no longer detects the right click on the
    > checkout screen.
    >
    > However, if I right click on a window title bar, I get the drop down
    > screen. If I right click on the desktop, I get the normal drop down menu.
    > If I switch from a a right handed to a left handed mouse, the right mouse
    > button works as expected for a left handed setting. The left button does
    > not. Since the right button always works in some conditions (including
    > under Windows), I know the mouse is OK. I can't think of anything I have
    > done to cause this problem. Any suggestions?
    >
    > I am running Mandrake 9.0 with KDE 2.2. The machine is a dual boot
    > Windows 98 and Linux, AMD K6-II at 500 MHz with 512 Meg of memory, and
    > two 40 gig drives, one for Linux, one for Windows.
    >
    > Thanx for any helpI have run into a problem with KDE 2.2. For the last week or so, the right

    > mouse button does not work in applications running under KDE. For
    > example, if I select a misspelled word in Star Office, and right click on
    > it, I do not get the drop down menu with the spelling corrections on it.
    > In Gnome Mines, the right click no longer makes a mine. In Konqueror, the
    > right click on a file no longer give the menu. Nothing happens.
    >
    > If I start my Mandrake control center (I am running version 9.0) and bring
    > up the mouse hardware, it no longer detects the right click on the
    > checkout screen.
    >
    > However, if I right click on a window title bar, I get the drop down
    > screen. If I right click on the desktop, I get the normal drop down menu.
    > If I switch from a a right handed to a left handed mouse, the right mouse
    > button works as expected for a left handed setting. The left button does
    > not. Since the right button always works in some conditions (including
    > under Windows), I know the mouse is OK. I can't think of anything I have
    > done to cause this problem. Any suggestions?
    >
    > I am running Mandrake 9.0 with KDE 2.2. The machine is a dual boot
    > Windows 98 and Linux, AMD K6-II at 500 MHz with 512 Meg of memory, and
    > two 40 gig drives, one for Linux, one for Windows.
    >
    > Thanx for any helpRight mouse button doesn't work in applications

    Run mousedrake , and check that the proper mouse is selected. Perhaps
    your mouse has a broken mouse button? Just some ideas...

  3. Re: Right Mouse Button doesn't work in KDE applications

    On Sat, 27 Dec 2003 21:41:43 +0000, Bill wrote:

    > I have run into a problem with KDE 2.2. For the last week or so, the right
    > mouse button does not work in applications running under KDE. For
    > example, if I select a misspelled word in Star Office, and right click on
    > it, I do not get the drop down menu with the spelling corrections on it.
    > In Gnome Mines, the right click no longer makes a mine. In Konqueror, the
    > right click on a file no longer give the menu. Nothing happens.

    I was able to solve this on my own. I had accidently changed the look and
    feel in the windows behavior section of my KDE configuration. I plede not
    gulity of wasting anybodies time by reason of stupidity. I am only
    posting this (while deeply embarised) in case some on else runs into this
    problem as a guide on where to check for a solution.

  4. Re: Right Mouse Button doesn't work in KDE applications

    Bill wrote:

    > I was able to solve this on my own. I had accidently changed the look and
    > feel in the windows behavior section of my KDE configuration. I plede not
    > gulity of wasting anybodies time by reason of stupidity. I am only
    > posting this (while deeply embarised) in case some on else runs into this
    > problem as a guide on where to check for a solution.

    he he! Dont worry, it happens to all of us at some time.
    --
    regards,
    andrew

+ Reply to Thread