Realplayer8 not working for all instances - Help

This is a discussion on Realplayer8 not working for all instances - Help ; Hello. I'm running Slackware 9.1 powered by kernel 2.4.22 and use the realplayer8 plugin (rpnp.so) with Netscape 7.1. It works fine with realmedia from http://www.courttv.com/video/ , seemingly because it calls upon realplay, feeding the URL of the video to it ...

  1. Realplayer8 not working for all instances

    Hello.

    I'm running Slackware 9.1 powered by kernel 2.4.22 and use the
    realplayer8 plugin (rpnp.so) with Netscape 7.1. It works fine with
    realmedia from http://www.courttv.com/video/, seemingly because it calls
    upon realplay, feeding the URL of the video to it afterwards. Alot of
    sites wish to stream realmedia through mini-windows
    (http://mdn.mainichi.co.jp/videonews/), however. This is where I get an
    error pop-up, saying the page I'm viewing contains
    'audio/x-pn-realaudio-plugin' that can only be viewed with the appropriate
    plug-in. It's referring to the plug-in I already have installed.

    If anyone had this problem in the past and fixed it, please help. Thanks
    in advance.

    Naota Hashimoto

    --
    naSota@tPampabay.rAr.cMom - > (remove 'S P A M')

  2. Re: Realplayer8 not working for all instances

    On Mon, 29 Dec 2003 00:06:33 +0000, Naota wrote:

    > Hello.
    >
    > I'm running Slackware 9.1 powered by kernel 2.4.22 and use the
    > realplayer8 plugin (rpnp.so) with Netscape 7.1. It works fine with
    > realmedia from http://www.courttv.com/video/, seemingly because it calls
    > upon realplay, feeding the URL of the video to it afterwards. Alot of
    > sites wish to stream realmedia through mini-windows
    > (http://mdn.mainichi.co.jp/videonews/), however. This is where I get an
    > error pop-up, saying the page I'm viewing contains
    > 'audio/x-pn-realaudio-plugin' that can only be viewed with the appropriate
    > plug-in. It's referring to the plug-in I already have installed.
    >
    > If anyone had this problem in the past and fixed it, please help. Thanks
    > in advance.

    Alright, I don't if the above question is to vague or what, but everyone's
    ignoring this. Is it because no one here likes realplayer 8? Maybe it's
    something so simple that the more advanced users can't believe I'd even
    ask such a question. Regardless for the ongoing silence against me, I
    would once again like to nicely ask for help or at least for
    acknowledgement.

    TIA

    --
    naSota@tPampabay.rAr.cMom - > (remove 'S P A M')