How to read terminal io buffer - Help

This is a discussion on How to read terminal io buffer - Help ; Hai, I want to read iobuffer of a terminal from another terminal , whether datas displayed in one terminal will be saved in any temp file... i am new to linux plz help me.. Bye Sankar...

  1. How to read terminal io buffer

    Hai,
    I want to read iobuffer of a terminal from another terminal ,
    whether datas displayed in one terminal will be saved in any temp
    file... i am new to linux plz help me..

    Bye
    Sankar

  2. Re: How to read terminal io buffer

    Sankar-R wrote:

    > Hai,
    > I want to read iobuffer of a terminal from another terminal ,
    > whether datas displayed in one terminal will be saved in any temp
    > file... i am new to linux plz help me..
    >
    > Bye
    > Sankar

    Try saving output in a textfile.
    For instance, type "find" and you get a recursive directory listing, which
    probably takes several screens. Type "find >listing" and the whole text
    goes into the file "listing" instead. This works for any command. Try also
    "command >>file" which appends to the end of a file.

+ Reply to Thread