Hi there,

Santa got me a Cyberdrive Combo CD-ReWriter/DVD-reader today, but upon
trying to install it on my Mandrake 9.1 system I've come to a stop. I've
been able to access read-only DVD's and CD's via /dev/hdc (drive is only
device on 2nd ide bus). I've then managed to use the ide-scsi module to
allow use of the ReWriter function of the device on /dev/scd0.

My problem is that I cannot seem to be able to access read-only discs
while the drive is configured on /dev/scd0 as a ReWriter. My intention
is to use K3B solely for access to the ReWriter, while still being able
to access read-only discs. After reading what few forum topics I could
find about this I'm still somewhat lost. Can I do this?

Any pointers highly appreciated...

--
Kind regards,