Re: help creating libbfd.so from binutils source - Help

This is a discussion on Re: help creating libbfd.so from binutils source - Help ; OK, there IS a way of making a shared library. This is kind of stupid, and I guess someone would want to test this first... but - here goes! First, download the tarball, extract the files and run the configure ...

  1. Re: help creating libbfd.so from binutils source

    OK, there IS a way of making a shared library. This is kind of stupid,
    and I guess someone would want to test this first... but - here goes!

    First, download the tarball, extract the files and run the configure
    script. Then run make.

    Next, run the command gcc -shared *.o -o libbfd.so

    you *should* have a shared libbfd.so library. Be aware that programs
    will need to run dlopen, etc, to use this library.

    Run nm libbfd.so to see the contents...

    Chris

    P.S. Why do you need to make this library as a shared library???

    axis wrote:
    > Hi,
    > I've compiled the most current GNU libutils, executing
    > "make;make install", and it only installs libbfd.a and libbfd.la.
    > I need libbfd.so for dynamic linking. Any idea how to build
    > it?
    >
    > Thanks.

  2. Re: help creating libbfd.so from binutils source

    This comes with binutils and should be in /usr/lib as something like: /usr/lib/libbfd-2.13.90.0.18.so

    I've spent a while searching on this because of an oprofile bug but I've figured out you can just create a symbolic link and solve the issue.

    There shouldn't be any need to compile your own or anything like that.

+ Reply to Thread