Hello, i'm an italian user. Excuse me for my bad english!
I can't install the first CD (CD1) because during install at the line
"hda: attached ide-disk driver" the process stop oneself and not run
over! I follow the instruction for boot by CD and i have tried also
boot from HD but the broblem is the same. The CD is right because on
my PC Home it works!!!
The configuration of my notebook is a Pentium 4 at 2,6 GHz 512 MB Ram,
with Xp Home edition installed on the primary partition (i have 2
partition of the HD... may be a problem?).
I have not an idea of the problem: may be the linux version? Or there
are hardware problem with the notebook?
Thanks all for response...