SecureCRT replacement - Help

This is a discussion on SecureCRT replacement - Help ; G'day, I'm noew to linux and am looking for an application that is equal to SecureCRT. I am specificaly looking for an application that has a menu system of telnet/ssh hosts with folders (by customer). If such a thing exists ...

  1. SecureCRT replacement

    G'day,

    I'm noew to linux and am looking for an application that is equal to
    SecureCRT. I am specificaly looking for an application that has a menu
    system of telnet/ssh hosts with folders (by customer).

    If such a thing exists please let me know

    Regards,

    Scott.

  2. Re: SecureCRT replacement

    scott enwright wrote:
    > G'day,
    >
    > I'm noew to linux and am looking for an application that is equal to
    > SecureCRT. I am specificaly looking for an application that has a menu
    > system of telnet/ssh hosts with folders (by customer).
    >
    > If such a thing exists please let me know
    >
    > Regards,
    >
    > Scott.

    Look into 'otak'

  3. Re: SecureCRT replacement

    On Mon, 22 Dec 2003 14:02:37 +0000, scott enwright wrote:

    > G'day,
    >
    > I'm noew to linux and am looking for an application that is equal to
    > SecureCRT. I am specificaly looking for an application that has a menu
    > system of telnet/ssh hosts with folders (by customer).
    >
    > If such a thing exists please let me know
    >
    > Regards,
    >
    > Scott.

    Secpanel is pretty good.

    -- Nick.

  4. Re: SecureCRT replacement

    On Mon, 22 Dec 2003, scott enwright
    wrote:
    > G'day,
    >
    > I'm noew to linux and am looking for an application that is equal to
    > SecureCRT. I am specificaly looking for an application that has a menu
    > system of telnet/ssh hosts with folders (by customer).

    Not sure what you mean by "with folders (by customer)". When I am stuck
    in Windows I use 'Putty' for ssh (free). You save whatever configuration
    you want for different hosts, then just click on one from a list, load and
    connect. I used its puttygen to generate a key and uploaded that (binary)
    and appended that to my authorized_keys (which works for Linux, Solaris,
    NetBSD hosts).

    http://www.autox.chicago.il.us/ http://www.berniesfloral.net/
    http://cgi-help.virtualave.net/ http://hammer.prohosting.com/~cgi-wiz/

  5. Re: SecureCRT replacement

    "scott enwright" wrote in
    message news:1QCFb.61872$aT.50711@news-server.bigpond.net.au...
    > G'day,
    >
    > I'm noew to linux and am looking for an application that is equal to
    > SecureCRT. I am specificaly looking for an application that has a menu
    > system of telnet/ssh hosts with folders (by customer).
    >
    > If such a thing exists please let me know

    Why have an 'application' that is limited to starting telnet and ssh
    sessions?
    Use the system's ability to tie an icon to a command line to make icons
    named for the remote hosts with the command line you need to execute
    to reach it. For example you might use
    xterm -fg blue -bg wheat -e "ssh remotehost"
    for one of them. If they make too much clutter on the desktop, drag
    them to a folder to organize them.

    ---
    Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell@comcast.net

  6. Re: SecureCRT replacement

    That looks great - Thanks for the tip

    Scott.

    "Nick Gushlow" wrote in message
    newsan.2003.12.22.16.58.47.456261@hotmail.com...
    > On Mon, 22 Dec 2003 14:02:37 +0000, scott enwright wrote:
    >
    > > G'day,
    > >
    > > I'm noew to linux and am looking for an application that is equal to
    > > SecureCRT. I am specificaly looking for an application that has a menu
    > > system of telnet/ssh hosts with folders (by customer).
    > >
    > > If such a thing exists please let me know
    > >
    > > Regards,
    > >
    > > Scott.

    > Secpanel is pretty good.
    >
    > -- Nick.

  7. Re: SecureCRT replacement

    scott enwright wrote:
    > That looks great - Thanks for the tip
    >
    > Scott.
    >
    > "Nick Gushlow" wrote in message
    > newsan.2003.12.22.16.58.47.456261@hotmail.com...
    >
    >>On Mon, 22 Dec 2003 14:02:37 +0000, scott enwright wrote:
    >>

    >>>G'day,
    >>>
    >>>I'm noew to linux and am looking for an application that is equal to
    >>>SecureCRT. I am specificaly looking for an application that has a menu
    >>>system of telnet/ssh hosts with folders (by customer).
    >>>
    >>>If such a thing exists please let me know
    >>>
    >>>Regards,
    >>>
    >>>Scott.

    >>Secpanel is pretty good.
    >>
    >>-- Nick.

    You can also try PuTTY for linux. There is a precompiled package for
    Debian from the official site and mirrors (apt-get install putty ....).
    I suppose there is also precompiled packages for other distributions.
    You can also compile it from source. Search for "putty" in Google and
    the first links sends you to the home page of the project.

+ Reply to Thread