Internet connection - Help

This is a discussion on Internet connection - Help ; Linux has been loaded in my machine, which also has Windows XP. I have a dial up connection to the internet in XP. How do I setup the same to connect the internet from Linux. Can you please point me ...

  1. Internet connection

    Linux has been loaded in my machine, which also has Windows XP.
    I have a dial up connection to the internet in XP.
    How do I setup the same to connect the internet from Linux.

    Can you please point me some document that is there?

    Will appreciate any help.

    Thanks,

    Karthik.

  2. Re: Internet connection

    This link might help:
    http://www.ibiblio.org/pub/Linux/doc...P-Hookup-HOWTO

    These might also be useful:
    http://www.ibiblio.org/pub/Linux/docs/HOWTO/Diald-HOWTO
    http://www.ibiblio.org/pub/Linux/doc...P-Connectivity

    Good luck, and happy reading 8)
    -Jordan Greenberg

    "Karthik" wrote in message
    > Linux has been loaded in my machine, which also has Windows XP.
    > I have a dial up connection to the internet in XP.
    > How do I setup the same to connect the internet from Linux.
    >
    > Can you please point me some document that is there?
    >
    > Will appreciate any help.
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Karthik.

  3. Re: Internet connection

    On Sun, 21 Dec 2003 11:24:16 +0530, "Karthik" wrote:

    > ow do I setup the same to connect the internet from Linux.

    .... depends on the distro you are using. most have tools
    to help guide through the process

    Before Xerox, five carbons were the maximum
    extension of anybody's ego.

+ Reply to Thread