Login screen name - Help

This is a discussion on Login screen name - Help ; how do i change the name that comes up on the login screen? Also how can i change my icons?...

  1. Login screen name

    how do i change the name that comes up on the login screen? Also how
    can i change my icons?

  2. Re: Login screen name

    abstrkthought858@yahoo.com (julio) wrote in message news:<9de494b0.0312141930.74a85e07@posting.google.com>...
    > how do i change the name that comes up on the login screen? Also how
    > can i change my icons?

    The "name" you mention could be the hostname, so you could change that
    with the "hostname" command.

    Best thing to do is read the manual. I guess you are using either KDM
    or GDM:

    http://docs.kde.org/en/3.1/kdebase/kdm/
    http://www.gnome.org/softwaremap/projects/gdm/

    Obviously you could have done this yourself by simply using a search
    engine:

    http://www.google.com/linux

  3. Re: Login screen name

    On the login screen where it usually says "Welcome to .....", it has
    this really strange number "x1-6-00-20......", it is not my ip
    address, and I would prefer it to say something else.

+ Reply to Thread