What is the difference...? - Help

This is a discussion on What is the difference...? - Help ; I think that I am leaninig towards using Mandrake. I was on the Mandrake site and they offered the following types of downloads: Mandrake 9.2/i586 | Mandrake 9.2/i586 ISO Image | MandrakeMove/i586 ISO Image What is the difference, and which ...

  1. What is the difference...?

    I think that I am leaninig towards using Mandrake. I was on the Mandrake
    site and they offered the following types of downloads:

    Mandrake 9.2/i586 | Mandrake 9.2/i586 ISO Image | MandrakeMove/i586 ISO
    Image

    What is the difference, and which one should I download?

    Also, below are some of the main specs of the pc that I will be working on
    (if this would help with your answer)

    Processor a Main Circuit Board b
    350 megahertz Intel Celeron
    32 kilobyte primary memory cache
    128 kilobyte secondary memory cache Board: Intel Corporation Bus
    Clock: 66 megahertz
    BIOS: Intel Corp.
    Drives Memory Modules c,d
    33.84 Gigabytes Usable Hard Drive Capacity
    24.50 Gigabytes Hard Drive Free Space

    MAT****A CD-ROM CR-588
    PHILIPS PCRW804 [CD-ROM drive]
    Generic floppy disk drive (3.5")

    Generic IDE hard disk drive (3.24 GB) -- drive 1, No SMART Driver
    Generic IDE hard disk drive (30.60 GB) -- drive 0, No SMART Driver

    Thanks!

    Memory Modules c,d
    256 Megabytes Installed Memory

    Slot 'J6F1' has 128 MB
    Slot 'J6F2' has 128 MB
    Local Drive Volumes

    c: (on drive 0) 30.60 GB 21.26 GB free
    d: (on drive 1) 3.24 GB 3.24 GB fre

  2. Re: What is the difference...?

    On Sun, 14 Dec 2003 09:05:13 GMT, "dsterling1" wrote:

    > Mandrake 9.2/i586 ISO Image
    >
    > What is the difference, and which one should I download?

    .... i'd get the ISOs ...

    Do infants have as much fun in infancy as adults do in adultery?

  3. Re: What is the difference...?

    On Sun, 14 Dec 2003 09:05:13 +0000, "dsterling1"
    wrote in message news::

    > I think that I am leaninig towards using Mandrake. I was on the Mandrake
    > site and they offered the following types of downloads:
    >
    > Mandrake 9.2/i586 | Mandrake 9.2/i586 ISO Image | MandrakeMove/i586 ISO
    > Image
    >
    > What is the difference, and which one should I download?

    mjt is right, you want to download the i586 ISO image. The first one
    (Mandrake 9.2/i586) is for if you want to do an FTP install, and the
    MandrakeMove ISO image is a CD-only distribution, i.e., you don't install
    it on your hard drive (much like Knoppix).

    --
    Funny Sister Lurlean quote #22:
    Only the devil's get any, and their old spunk is red hot and stinky!

+ Reply to Thread