hi. I have a p4 with mandrake 9.1 installed I installed
wine-20031004-1mdd.i586.rpm so I could get some win
programs to play. I get these messages.
[skylark@localhost skylark]$ wine -v
cp: cannot create regular file `/home/skylark/.wine/config': Permission
denied
cp: cannot stat `/home/skylark/.wine/config': No such file or directory
mv: cannot create regular file `/home/skylark/.wine/config': Permission
denied
Wine 20030911
[skylark@localhost skylark]$ wine notepad.exe
cp: cannot create regular file `/home/skylark/.wine/config': Permission
denied
cp: cannot stat `/home/skylark/.wine/config': No such file or directory
mv: cannot create regular file `/home/skylark/.wine/config': Permission
denied
Warning: no valid DOS drive found, check your configuration file.
Invalid path L"c:\\windows" for L"windows" directory: does not exist.
Perhaps you have not properly edited your Wine configuration file
(/home/skylark/.wine/config)
[skylark@localhost skylark]$ cd /.wine
bash: cd: /.wine: No such file or directory

anyone know whats up with this? thanks for the help!

technerd