installing conexant modem in Knoppix - Help

This is a discussion on installing conexant modem in Knoppix - Help ; Hello there! I'm trying to learn Linux ,and I need some help with a little problem I have. I'm running knoppix live CD, but unfortunately the conexant hsf modem of my Dell wasn't detected. How can I installed? Do I ...

  1. installing conexant modem in Knoppix

    Hello there! I'm trying to learn Linux ,and I need some help with a little
    problem I have. I'm running knoppix live CD, but unfortunately the conexant
    hsf modem of my Dell wasn't detected. How can I installed? Do I need to
    download the driver ( there is a free version of it but is for only 16kbps,
    the 56kbps is for sale!!!!awful!) Anyway, I would appreciate any advice.
    Thanks.

  2. Re: installing conexant modem in Knoppix

    On Wed, 26 Nov 2003 16:18:00 GMT, "Vincenzo"
    wrote:

    >Anyway, I would appreciate any advice.
    >Thanks.

    Get a real modem that doesn't need drivers. HTH, HAND.

    --
    Joe Zeff
    The Guy With the Sideburns

  3. Re: installing conexant modem in Knoppix

    On Wed, 26 Nov 2003 16:18:00 +0000, Vincenzo wrote:

    > Hello there! I'm trying to learn Linux ,and I need some help with a little
    > problem I have. I'm running knoppix live CD, but unfortunately the conexant
    > hsf modem of my Dell wasn't detected. How can I installed? Do I need to
    > download the driver ( there is a free version of it but is for only 16kbps,
    > the 56kbps is for sale!!!!awful!) Anyway, I would appreciate any advice.
    > Thanks.

    This modem is "Winmodem" which relies upon MS software to make it work.
    I recommend that you find an external modem such as a US Robotics ( I
    found several new 56K models at a swap meet for $5 each. Plug it into
    your serial port.

    HTH

    Dave

+ Reply to Thread