e2fsck object size - Help

This is a discussion on e2fsck object size - Help ; Hi, I'm tried compiling e2fsck from e2fsprogs 1.34 and the statically linked object file turned out to be 1.7 Megabytes. When I checked my Redhat distrobution the e2fsck was only about 500K. Does anyone know how to compile e2fsck so ...

  1. e2fsck object size

    Hi,

    I'm tried compiling e2fsck from e2fsprogs 1.34 and the statically
    linked object file turned out to be 1.7 Megabytes. When I checked my
    Redhat distrobution the e2fsck was only about 500K.

    Does anyone know how to compile e2fsck so that it is this size?

    thanks in advance

    -toshi
    kawase@jhu.edu

  2. Re: e2fsck object size

    Satoshi Kawase wrote:

    > I'm tried compiling e2fsck from e2fsprogs 1.34 and the statically
    > linked object file turned out to be 1.7 Megabytes. When I checked my
    > Redhat distrobution the e2fsck was only about 500K.
    >
    > Does anyone know how to compile e2fsck so that it is this size?

    Did you try running 'strip' on it to remove the debugging symbols? That'd
    be my first guess...

    --
    ZZzz |\ _,,,---,,_ Travis S. Casey
    /,`.-'`' -. ;-;;,_ No one agrees with me. Not even me.
    |,4- ) )-,_..;\ ( `'-'

  3. Re: e2fsck object size

    On 25 Nov 2003 23:52:14 -0800, kawase@jhu.edu (Satoshi Kawase) wrote:

    > Does anyone know how to compile e2fsck so that it is this size?

    .... how did you build it, exactly?
    ..
    Join in the new game that's sweeping the country. It's called
    "Bureaucracy". Everybody stands in a circle. The first person
    to do anything loses.

+ Reply to Thread