create hd image help - Help

This is a discussion on create hd image help - Help ; Hello there! I'm a new linux user, using Knoppix until I get more comfortable with the command interface. I read that the Linux command "dd" can be used to create an image of a drive. Is this an alternative to ...

  1. create hd image help

    Hello there!
    I'm a new linux user, using Knoppix until I get more comfortable with the
    command interface. I read that the Linux command "dd" can be used to create
    an image of a drive. Is this an alternative to Norton Ghost? I have a hd
    with windows on it and I would like to create an exact copy for backup
    (there are some programs in there that I don't have the CDs anymore). I
    would appreciate some help on how to do that. I searched the web but I
    couldn't find any step to step tutorial.
    Thanks in advance.
    Ciao
    Vincenzo

    ---

  2. Re: create hd image help

    On Tue, 25 Nov 2003 16:07:50 GMT, "Vincenzo" wrote:

    > an image of a drive. Is this an alternative to Norton Ghost?

    .... http://www.partimage.org/
    ..
    Pity the meek, for they shall inherit the earth. - Don Marquis

+ Reply to Thread