MITEL SME Server 5.6 help needed - Help

This is a discussion on MITEL SME Server 5.6 help needed - Help ; Hello, I've got a server running here with Mitel SME server 5.6. Everything seems to work good but there are things it just won't do. I installed a tape drive ( an older Colorado 250 tape drive) It won't work. ...

  1. MITEL SME Server 5.6 help needed

    Hello,
    I've got a server running here with Mitel SME server 5.6.
    Everything seems to work good but there are things it just won't do. I
    installed a tape drive ( an older Colorado 250 tape drive) It won't
    work. I had to remove the sound Blaster card and the Viper II Video
    card. It'd be nice to get them to work. I think I'm dreaming.
    As well the tech gut that did the install stuff didn't leave a
    cd so I got the iso and burned my own copy. But nobody told me how to
    get the numbers from the cablemodem ip broadcast so that everyone out
    there can type up the name of the server in their browser and get to
    the machine? I know the local ip from rogers but I can't find out how
    to let everyone know the ip for the dns registry so that they can get
    here and so that the email will send and recieve.
    I paid this gut $600 to setit up and now he's got his cash he
    doesn't return calls or help with a thing. I need help with this quick
    please!
    Gordon

  2. Re: MITEL SME Server 5.6 help needed

    On Sun, 23 Nov 2003 21:23:22 GMT, Gordon Southcott wrote:

    > ve got a server running here with Mitel SME server

    http://www.star-support.com/sme/Linu...%20How-To.html
    ..
    Barometer, n.: An ingenious instrument which indicates what
    kind of weather we are having. "The Devil's Dictionary"

  3. Re: MITEL SME Server 5.6 help needed

    wrote:

    > I know the local ip from rogers but I can't find out how
    >to let everyone know the ip for the dns registry so that they can get
    >here and so that the email will send and receive.

    Are you running your own dns server for your LAN? If so, add it
    there. If not, just have people use the local IP directly. Much
    simpler.

    --
    Joe Zeff
    The Guy With the Sideburns