Sound Problems - Slackware 9.1 - Thinkpad 600E - Help

This is a discussion on Sound Problems - Slackware 9.1 - Thinkpad 600E - Help ; Ok I believe now that my friends and I have tried every form known to man except the right one on how to fix this sound problem with tp600e... we have recompiled the kernel, disabled quickboot, removed the driver package, ...

  1. Sound Problems - Slackware 9.1 - Thinkpad 600E

    Ok I believe now that my friends and I have tried every form known to
    man except the right one on how to fix this sound problem with
    tp600e... we have recompiled the kernel, disabled quickboot, removed
    the driver package, insmodded to hell, modprobed to hell, and still
    haven't figured how to get sound working on this distro ... i was
    wondering if any of you had a tp600e and had this problem too and a
    walk-through solution to it, or if you know a way where i can download
    the program redhat uses to detect the right sound settings and
    possibly be able to do it that way, since i know redhat works with
    sound on here... if any of you guys have any solutions whatever, I
    would greatly appreciate it, thanks much

  2. Re: Sound Problems - Slackware 9.1 - Thinkpad 600E

    iceblaze wrote:

    > Ok I believe now that my friends and I have tried every form known to
    > man except the right one on how to fix this sound problem with
    > tp600e... we have recompiled the kernel, disabled quickboot, removed
    > the driver package, insmodded to hell, modprobed to hell, and still
    > haven't figured how to get sound working on this distro ... i was
    > wondering if any of you had a tp600e and had this problem too and a
    > walk-through solution to it, or if you know a way where i can download
    > the program redhat uses to detect the right sound settings and
    > possibly be able to do it that way, since i know redhat works with
    > sound on here... if any of you guys have any solutions whatever, I
    > would greatly appreciate it, thanks much

    There is a "problem" with Slack 9.1 and the ALSA driver. Google for "Slack
    ALSA sound faq" as one was posted on the Slack NG a few weeks ago. You
    might also bring this issue to alt.os.linux.slackware as I'm sure someone
    there can help you.

    Let us know how you finally resovle this.

    Al

+ Reply to Thread