acpi problem - Help

This is a discussion on acpi problem - Help ; I have a laptop in which the processor fan runs constantly. I believe I can regulate it by using acpi. I now only use apm. I run slackware 9.1 and a custom kernel 2.4.22. Whenever I compile support for acpi ...

  1. acpi problem

    I have a laptop in which the processor fan runs constantly. I believe
    I can regulate it by using acpi. I now only use apm. I run slackware
    9.1 and a custom kernel 2.4.22. Whenever I compile support for acpi it
    boots to a certain point and then the screen shuts off, however, the
    system is still going, because I have waited and logon as root and
    sutdown and got the shutdown beep. does anyone know what I'm doing
    worng?
    thanks,
    cue

  2. Re: acpi problem

    On 20 Nov 2003 20:30:46 -0800, cue@sailormercury.com (cue) wrote:

    > I have a laptop in which the processor fan runs constantly.

    .... i have a company-supplied laptop that does this very thing,
    under winders or Linux ... VERY ANNOYING ... i have to shut it
    down after about 15 minutes of use ... dell tells me it's a BIOS
    issue (i've got the latest) - go figure
    ..
    "I thought you were trying to get into shape."
    "I am. The shape I've selected is a triangle."

+ Reply to Thread