I've been trying to set up Samba 2.2.6pre2 on Mandrake 9.1 as a PDC.
Below is my smb.conf. Everything works wonderfully when the lines
beginning with ; are un-commented. However, when I commented them out,
my Win2K clients still try to use roaming profiles, but produce errors
because the relevant files cannot be read or written.

The point is, I do *not* want to use roaming profiles, but nothing I try
will make the clients default to local profiles. What am I doing wrong?

---begin smb.conf---
[global]

workgroup = Oahu
netbios name = Lanikai
server string = Samba Server %v

security = user
encrypt passwords = yes
smb passwd file = /etc/samba/smbpasswd

time server = yes
local master = yes
os level = 65
domain master = yes
preferred master = yes
domain logons = yes
logon script = logon.bat
logon drive = H:

; logon path = \\%L\Profiles\%U

domain admin group = root fred

wins support = yes
dns proxy = no

[homes]
comment = Home Directories
browseable = no
writable = yes

[netlogon]
comment = Network Logon Service
path = /etc/samba/netlogon
guest ok = yes
writable = no
browseable = no

;[Profiles]
; path = /etc/samba/profiles
; browseable = no
; writeable = yes
; guest ok = yes
; create mask = 0600
; directory mask = 0700

[public]
path = /usr/public
public = yes
only guest = no
writable = yes
printable = no

---end smb.conf---

--
Regards,

Charles A. Burge
Work is never truly work unless you'd rather
be doing something else. -- Bill Cosby