90deg rotated boot screen with progress bar - Help

This is a discussion on 90deg rotated boot screen with progress bar - Help ; Hi! I use Suse 8.0 Enterprise and wonder, whether it's possible to rotate the boot screen 90degree, so that the boot messages are displayed correctly during boot time on our company PCs. We have computers here that work with a ...

  1. 90deg rotated boot screen with progress bar

    Hi!

    I use Suse 8.0 Enterprise and wonder, whether it's possible to rotate
    the boot screen 90degree, so that the boot messages are displayed
    correctly during boot time on our company PCs. We have computers here
    that work with a rotated X Server screen.

    I also wonder, how to get the nice progress bar of SuSE 8.2 working on
    an earlier ditributions (e.g our Enterprise edition). I parsed lots of
    group messages and read somewhere, that a kernel patch is needed.

    Can anymone help or tell me where I can ask?
    Thanks a lot!
    Sebastian

  2. Re: 90deg rotated boot screen with progress bar

    > an earlier ditributions (e.g our Enterprise edition). I parsed lots of
    ....distribution! In detail: SuSE EP8.0 (Kernel 2.4.19)

    > group messages and read somewhere, that a kernel patch is needed.

    lpp "The Linux Progress Patch" auf sourceforge

    --> So I still search for the patch for 2.4.19 and for the rotating-idea

    Sebastian

+ Reply to Thread