Messed up gnome startx - Help

This is a discussion on Messed up gnome startx - Help ; I'd been trying to get xearth to run under gnome, and found a suggestion: run it in a window, with the geometry set to the whole window. This works, although there's still a title bar. However, I tried editing my ...

  1. Messed up gnome startx

    I'd been trying to get xearth to run under gnome, and found a
    suggestion: run it in a window, with the geometry set to the whole
    window. This works, although there's still a title bar. However, I
    tried editing my session options to make it run every time. I'd tried
    setting the priority to about 30, to get it under the icons, and may
    have forgotten the & to put it in the background. Now, when I use
    startx, xearth comes up in a small window, and nothing else. I can't
    seem to find where this is set, to change it. Does anybody know how
    to back out of this oopsie?

    --
    Joe Zeff
    The Guy With the Sideburns

  2. Re: Messed up gnome startx

    On Tue, 11 Nov 2003 23:41:30 GMT, Joe Zeff
    wrote:

    >Does anybody know how
    >to back out of this oopsie?

    Found it, after way too much mucking around: it's in
    ..gnome2/session-manual. Removing the line cleared it.

    --
    Joe Zeff
    The Guy With the Sideburns