question ...? help - Help

This is a discussion on question ...? help - Help ; i guys I need some help! I just get this second hand hardrive and install in my PC! I install windows98 sec, and everything was okay Windows was working okay on my PC and the time I try to make ...

  1. question ...? help

    i guys I need some help! I just get this second hand hardrive and
    install in my PC! I install windows98 sec, and everything was okay
    Windows was working okay on my PC and the time I try to make a
    partition in my hardrive, using fips, okay what I did I Defragment
    the hardrive and them I reboot my pc in ms-dos, and them I run the
    program fips at the prompt... everything was okay and till I get this
    warning ...
    Warning

    Last cylinder is not free
    Since the new partition is created at the end of the old one and
    contains at least one cylinder, the partition can not be split if
    not at least the very last cylinder is completely free.
    Probably there is a hidden file like 'image.idx' or 'mirorsav.fil'
    in the last cylinder - see the doc. "

    my question is how can I delete those files ( image.idx or
    mirorsav.fil ) I can't find those files in the hardrive does anyone
    help me out .. how can I delate those.......
    What I need to do using ms-dos..? to make those files delete
    Thanks in advance
    I linuxs beginner
    Webmx@hotmail.com

  2. Re: question ...? help

    "Roberto" wrote in message
    news:5fd95956.0311111114.5df4c672@posting.google.c om

    > i guys I need some help! I just get this second hand hardrive and
    > install in my PC! I install windows98 sec, and everything was okay
    > Windows was working okay on my PC and the time I try to make a
    > partition in my hardrive, using fips, okay what I did I Defragment
    > the hardrive and them I reboot my pc in ms-dos, and them I run the
    > program fips at the prompt... everything was okay and till I get this
    > warning ...

    Post your MICROS~1 releated questions in a MICROS~1 newsgroup, instead of
    the several Linux newsgroups you've littered.

    --
    use hotmail com for any email replies

  3. Re: question ...? help

    Went say i going to make a second partition ... I mean that I going to
    install linux readhat 9..
    But those days people mistake words ..
    Thank any way !!! I just fix the problem ...and I have dual boot No
    thanks to you

    "ynotssor" <"ynotssor"> wrote in message news:<3fb13dd4_5@corp.newsgroups.com>...
    > "Roberto" wrote in message
    > news:5fd95956.0311111114.5df4c672@posting.google.c om
    >
    > > i guys I need some help! I just get this second hand hardrive and
    > > install in my PC! I install windows98 sec, and everything was okay
    > > Windows was working okay on my PC and the time I try to make a
    > > partition in my hardrive, using fips, okay what I did I Defragment
    > > the hardrive and them I reboot my pc in ms-dos, and them I run the
    > > program fips at the prompt... everything was okay and till I get this
    > > warning ...

    > Post your MICROS~1 releated questions in a MICROS~1 newsgroup, instead of
    > the several Linux newsgroups you've littered.

  4. Re: question ...? help

    On 11 Nov 2003 20:11:12 -0800, webmx@hotmail.com (Roberto) wrote:

    >Thank any way !!! I just fix the problem ...and I have dual boot No
    >thanks to you

    Don't go off in a huff[1]. The person you were complaining to had a
    good point: you were asking MS-DOS questions in a Linux group, instead
    of an appropriate group. He also pointed you to groups where your
    questions would be more likely to get an answer.

    [1]Although you might go off in a minute and a huff.

    --
    Joe Zeff
    The Guy With the Sideburns

  5. Re: question ...? help

    On Tue, 11 Nov 2003 11:14:16 -0800, Roberto wrote:

    > Warning
    >
    > Last cylinder is not free
    > Since the new partition is created at the end of the old one and
    > contains at least one cylinder, the partition can not be split if
    > not at least the very last cylinder is completely free.
    > Probably there is a hidden file like 'image.idx' or 'mirorsav.fil'
    > in the last cylinder - see the doc. "

    For some esoteric reason known only to Mr. Gates and his merry men, the M$
    Windows defragger places some files at the end of the partition. Your best
    bet would be to google for a defragger that works under windows. Try
    Norton Utilities or Norton System Works. The DOS defraggers won't work
    because they cannot defrag a "Networked Drive", as they consider all
    windows drives to be.

    Windows 98 has detected that your mouse has moved. Please reboot the
    system to register the change.
    Registered with The Linux Counter. http://counter.li.org/
    Slackware 9.0 Kernel 2.4.20 i686 (GCC) 3.2.2
    Uptime: 13:17:00 up 18:11, 1 user, load average: 0.04, 0.06, 0.01

+ Reply to Thread