Where to get DBD:mysql binary? - Help

This is a discussion on Where to get DBD:mysql binary? - Help ; My Linux 9 distribution dos not come with Perl module DBD::mysql installed for MYSQL, although it comes with DBI installed. Where I can get a binary distribution of DBD::mysql? I tried to do a source installation from CPAN but failed. ...

  1. Where to get DBD:mysql binary?

    My Linux 9 distribution dos not come with Perl module DBD::mysql installed
    for MYSQL, although it comes with DBI installed. Where I can get a binary
    distribution of DBD::mysql? I tried to do a source installation from CPAN
    but failed.

    Thanks a bunch

    Allen Guan

  2. Re: Where to get DBD:mysql binary?

    Yun Guan wrote:
    > My Linux 9 distribution dos not come with Perl module DBD::mysql installed
    > for MYSQL, although it comes with DBI installed. Where I can get a binary
    > distribution of DBD::mysql? I tried to do a source installation from CPAN
    > but failed.

    Red Hat 9 Linux comes with an RPM named,

    perl-DBD-MySQL-2.1021.i386.rpm

    If you want/need to install DBD::MySQL version 2.900x, download the
    source RPM 'perl-DBD-MySQL-2.9002-1.src.rpm' from the rawhide directory
    tree on Red Hat's FTP site

    ftp://ftp.redhat.com/pub/redhat/linux/rawhide/SRPMS/

    Then do,

    [root]# rpmbuild --rebuild perl-DBD-MySQL-2.9002-1.src.rpm
    [root]# cd /usr/src/redhat/RPMS/i386/
    [root]# rpm -Uvh perl-DBD-MySQL-2.9002-1.i386.rpm

    --
    Jim

    To reply by email, remove "link" and change "now.here" to "yahoo"
    jfischer_link5809{at}now.here.com

+ Reply to Thread