Permission denied - Help

This is a discussion on Permission denied - Help ; Greetings, We've just installed Apache on a Mandrake linux box and when we try to start it with "apachectl start" we get a permission denied error. This even happens when we are logged in or su'd to root. Are there ...

  1. Permission denied

    Greetings,
    We've just installed Apache on a Mandrake linux box and when we try to start
    it with "apachectl start" we get a permission denied error. This even
    happens when we are logged in or su'd to root. Are there circumstances
    where even root doesn't have execute privileges? What do you think is
    likely going on here? Thanks in advance for any help. Much appreciated!
    George

  2. Re: Permission denied

    "George" wrote in message
    > Greetings,
    > We've just installed Apache on a Mandrake linux box and when we try to

    start
    > it with "apachectl start" we get a permission denied error. This even
    > happens when we are logged in or su'd to root. Are there circumstances
    > where even root doesn't have execute privileges? What do you think is
    > likely going on here? Thanks in advance for any help. Much appreciated!
    > George

    I would start with checking the permissions on the directory, and file in
    question.

    Mel

+ Reply to Thread