Startup Control - Help! (New to Linux) - Help

This is a discussion on Startup Control - Help! (New to Linux) - Help ; I know this is probably a snap for the Linux guru's on here, but being new to Linux, it's giving me a challenge. I need to be able to do the following: Scenario 1) Have Linux boot up, and with ...

  1. Startup Control - Help! (New to Linux)

    I know this is probably a snap for the Linux guru's on here, but being
    new to Linux, it's giving me a challenge.

    I need to be able to do the following:

    Scenario 1) Have Linux boot up, and with no Gui's, X-Windows, etc,
    start the program rdesktop.

    Scenario 2) Have Linux come up with X and Gui, and automatically
    start the rdesktop program.

    I'm currently running Suse 8.2.

    Any and all help is sincerely appreciated.

    Thanks,

  2. Re: Startup Control - Help! (New to Linux)

    "Lou L" skrev i meddelandet
    news:ebd64575.0311050835.62e9f8de@posting.google.c om...
    > I know this is probably a snap for the Linux guru's on here, but being
    > new to Linux, it's giving me a challenge.
    >
    > I need to be able to do the following:
    >
    > Scenario 1) Have Linux boot up, and with no Gui's, X-Windows, etc,
    > start the program rdesktop.
    >
    > Scenario 2) Have Linux come up with X and Gui, and automatically
    > start the rdesktop program.
    >
    > I'm currently running Suse 8.2.
    >
    > Any and all help is sincerely appreciated.
    >
    > Thanks,

    Type 'yast' at the prompt then Suse's config program starts.

  3. Re: Startup Control - Help! (New to Linux)

    Thanks for your reply. I've done this but now what? I don't have any
    idea how to proceed once YAST displays the choices. I've gone in and
    out of each of the options, and don't see how to proceed.

    Like I said, I'm completely new to Linux.

    "Conny" wrote in message news:...
    > "Lou L" skrev i meddelandet
    > news:ebd64575.0311050835.62e9f8de@posting.google.c om...
    > > I know this is probably a snap for the Linux guru's on here, but being
    > > new to Linux, it's giving me a challenge.
    > >
    > > I need to be able to do the following:
    > >
    > > Scenario 1) Have Linux boot up, and with no Gui's, X-Windows, etc,
    > > start the program rdesktop.
    > >
    > > Scenario 2) Have Linux come up with X and Gui, and automatically
    > > start the rdesktop program.
    > >
    > > I'm currently running Suse 8.2.
    > >
    > > Any and all help is sincerely appreciated.
    > >
    > > Thanks,

    > Type 'yast' at the prompt then Suse's config program starts.

+ Reply to Thread