Show ip adress in linux - Help

This is a discussion on Show ip adress in linux - Help ; Hi, what command would I use in linux shell to show me my current ip adress?...

  1. Show ip adress in linux

    Hi, what command would I use in linux shell to show me my current ip adress?

  2. Re: Show ip adress in linux

    "Mads" skrev i meddelandet
    news:1669733f.0311050631.38907eaa@posting.google.c om...
    > Hi, what command would I use in linux shell to show me my current ip

    adress?

    ifconfig

  3. Re: Show ip adress in linux

    "Mads" wrote in message
    news:1669733f.0311050631.38907eaa@posting.google.c om...
    > Hi, what command would I use in linux shell to show me my current ip

    adress?

    As a regular user: /sbin/ifconfig

    JW

  4. Re: Show ip adress in linux

    Mads wrote:

    > Hi, what command would I use in linux shell to show me my current ip
    > adress?

    .... ifconfig as root
    ..
    "The only real way to look younger is not to be born so soon."
    - Charles Schulz, "Things I've Had to Learn Over and Over and Over"

  5. Re: Show ip adress in linux

    "mjt" quoted and wrote in message
    newsaiqb.11658$9M3.9170@newsread2.news.atl.earthlink.n et

    >> Hi, what command would I use in linux shell to show me my current ip
    >> adress?

    > ... ifconfig as root

    Why "as root"? /sbin/ifconfig is executable by ordinary users using certain
    options, such as "-a" as the OP needs.

    tony

    --
    use hotmail com for any email replies