Help with a 'find' script - Help

This is a discussion on Help with a 'find' script - Help ; I need help creating a bash script that will check if a file excists in a directroy. It can for example be started like this: find [-S] file directory. Where as if [-u] is included it will also search through ...

  1. Help with a 'find' script

    I need help creating a bash script that will check if a file excists
    in a directroy. It can for example be started like this: find [-S]
    file directory. Where as if [-u] is included it will also search
    through all the sub directories. File is the file and directory is the
    directory you want to search through. If -u is not included it
    searches only that dir.

    If the user only writes Find it should ask for filename, directory and
    if it should search through sub dirs or not. Getting this input from
    the user..

    I'm not that experienced with linux yet so I would really apriciate it
    if anyone could help me with this, thanks. :-)

  2. Re: Help with a 'find' script

    "Nils Arne" wrote in message
    news:3d010f42.0311050617.4b63e94a@posting.google.c om

    > I need help creating a bash script that will check if a file excists
    > in a directroy. It can for example be started like this: find [-S]
    > file directory. Where as if [-u] is included it will also search
    > through all the sub directories. File is the file and directory is the
    > directory you want to search through. If -u is not included it
    > searches only that dir.
    >
    > If the user only writes Find it should ask for filename, directory and
    > if it should search through sub dirs or not. Getting this input from
    > the user..
    >
    > I'm not that experienced with linux yet so I would really apriciate it
    > if anyone could help me with this, thanks. :-)

    You will find that you will benefit far more by completing your own homework
    assignments in the IT Lab at Høgskolen i Bodø