Currently, I'm running RedHat 9. In X, I'm using Gnome. I've
downloaded and installed xearth, from tucows. (The .tar.gz wouldn't
compile.) Now, I can't get it to run. I've tried running it from a
command line in X, putting it in the background, but nothing. I
probably need to put it in .xinitrc in my home directory, as I did in
an earlier setup, but alas, that old setup isn't available. It looks
like I should be able to borrow the default and add it, but I'm not at
all sure where. If not, how much do I really need? Would this,
xscreensaver and an exec for gnome-session be enough?

Second, I prefer having numlock off. Alas, my CMOS has no setting for
this. Google doesn't find any suggestions, just for turning it on.
Does anybody know how to turn it off at boot? I presume it's
somewhere in the various scripts, but what do you have to add? Thanx
for any ideas.

--
Joe Zeff
The Guy With the Sideburns