root rsh not work - Help

This is a discussion on root rsh not work - Help ; I have two Redhat 8.0 PCs. I can rsh to each another with my account. But cannot do so. I have put .rhosts files in / and in /root and still not work. Why? Regards, Johnny...

  1. root rsh not work

    I have two Redhat 8.0 PCs. I can rsh to each another with
    my account. But cannot do so. I have put .rhosts files in
    / and in /root and still not work. Why?

    Regards,
    Johnny

  2. Re: root rsh not work

    Johnny Yan wrote:
    > I have two Redhat 8.0 PCs. I can rsh to each another with
    > my account. But cannot do so. I have put .rhosts files in
    > / and in /root and still not work. Why?
    >
    > Regards,
    > Johnny

    Consider using "ssh" instead. Remote Shell is part of the not-so-secure
    suite of plain-text tools that you really shouldn't be using in the first
    place.

  3. Re: root rsh not work

    I use Debian but this is worth a try anyways:
    Look for a /etc/pam.d/rlogin file. You can add

    auth sufficient pam_rootok.so

    to the top to allow for root rsh (I use this in my beowulf cluster
    where security isn't an issue. If your computer is on the internet,
    check out ssh).

    auth sufficient pam_rhosts_auth.so

    will provide the .rhosts access. These are turned off in most
    distros for security reasons.

+ Reply to Thread