Son's computer crash, need some YD help-he leaves in 5 hours. - Help

This is a discussion on Son's computer crash, need some YD help-he leaves in 5 hours. - Help ; All, my son's apple G4 HD crashed we got a new HD 80Gig WD, the Yellow Dog install went ok but on reboot the screen flashes a ? and apple logo and I can do nothing else. I am redoing ...

  1. Son's computer crash, need some YD help-he leaves in 5 hours.

    All,

    my son's apple G4 HD crashed we got a new HD 80Gig WD, the Yellow Dog
    install went ok but on reboot the screen flashes a ? and apple logo and I
    can do nothing else.

    I am redoing the install again, thinking I missed something.

    What should I look for here?

    GK

  2. Re: Son's computer crash, need some YD help-he leaves in 5 hours.

    On Sat, 09 Aug 2008 09:45:22 -0400, GrailKing wrote:

    > All,
    >
    > my son's apple G4 HD crashed we got a new HD 80Gig WD, the Yellow Dog
    > install went ok but on reboot the screen flashes a ? and apple logo and
    > I can do nothing else.
    >
    > I am redoing the install again, thinking I missed something.
    >
    > What should I look for here?
    >

    > GK

    * * *
    GK,

    I know I am late, and have no knowledge about yellow dog or Apple...

    I joined my local Linux users group and being able to network with others
    Linux users when I have a problem has been one of the best reasons to
    join. I also been avaiable for several new Users, to answer a few
    questions for several newer memebers.

    This is contact after the moment of need, and I hope you were able to
    solve your install problems...

    JR the postman

+ Reply to Thread