"... Zip archive data, at least v2.0 to extract" from file command. - Help

This is a discussion on "... Zip archive data, at least v2.0 to extract" from file command. - Help ; Greetings! I am having problems with a huge zip file, but Linux/Debian's unzip command can't read it: $ ls -all *.zip -rwx------ 1 ant ant 4795524388 2007-11-16 13:14 potbs_st2_client.zip $ unzip -v potbs_st2_client.zip Archive: potbs_st2_client.zip warning [potbs_st2_client.zip]: 500556947 extra bytes ...

  1. "... Zip archive data, at least v2.0 to extract" from file command.

    Greetings! I am having problems with a huge zip file, but Linux/Debian's
    unzip command can't read it:

    $ ls -all *.zip
    -rwx------ 1 ant ant 4795524388 2007-11-16 13:14 potbs_st2_client.zip

    $ unzip -v potbs_st2_client.zip
    Archive: potbs_st2_client.zip
    warning [potbs_st2_client.zip]: 500556947 extra bytes at beginning or
    within zipfile
    (attempting to process anyway)
    error [potbs_st2_client.zip]: start of central directory not found;
    zipfile corrupt.
    (please check that you have transferred or created the zipfile in the
    appropriate BINARY mode and that you have compiled UnZip properly)

    $ file *.zip
    potbs_st2_client.zip: Zip archive data, at least v2.0 to extract

    What zip v2 command file (no GUI since this is done via SSH) can I use
    to view, extract, and these files? I assume it is using the newer zip
    compression format like in WinZip.

    Thank you in advance.
    --
    "We are anthill men upon an anthill world." --Ray Bradbury
    /\___/\
    ( )

  2. Re: "... Zip archive data, at least v2.0 to extract" from file command.

    On 16 Nov 2007 21:58:21 GMT, ANTant@zimage.com wrote:

    >Greetings! I am having problems with a huge zip file, but Linux/Debian's
    >unzip command can't read it:
    >
    >error [potbs_st2_client.zip]: start of central directory not found;
    > zipfile corrupt.
    >What zip v2 command file (no GUI since this is done via SSH) can I use
    >to view, extract, and these files? I assume it is using the newer zip
    >compression format like in WinZip.

    Considering that the file's corrupt, I doubt that it's readable with
    anything. Try downloading a new copy.

    --
    Joe Zeff
    The Guy With the Sideburns