wmv file - Help

This is a discussion on wmv file - Help ; When I try to run a .wmv file it does not run saying a need a decoder. I can run other video files. What decoder would I need....

  1. wmv file

    When I try to run a .wmv file it does not run saying a need a decoder. I can
    run other video files. What decoder would I need.

  2. Re: wmv file

    JC wrote:
    > When I try to run a .wmv file it does not run saying a need a decoder. I can
    > run other video files. What decoder would I need.

    need the win32codecs package and that should fix it. i believe the
    mplayer homepage has it available. or your package management system
    might have it available depending on what distro your running. also some
    wmv files still cannon be viewed because they have that encoding thing
    that microsoft does. dont remember what its called. but most should run
    fine.

+ Reply to Thread