open ports - Help

This is a discussion on open ports - Help ; how would I close open ports please? -- Say Yes To SuSE... Just Say NO to WinBloze...

  1. open ports

    how would I close open ports please?

    --
    Say Yes To SuSE...
    Just Say NO to WinBloze

  2. Re: open ports

    That sounds like a job for iptables, or a reasonably priced router.

    Ben

  3. Re: open ports

    On Mon, 05 Feb 2007, in the Usenet newsgroup comp.os.linux.help, in article
    , NeckBoneWilly wrote:

    >how would I close open ports please?

    -rw-rw-r-- 1 gferg ldp 278012 Jul 23 2002 Security-Quickstart-HOWTO

    [compton ~]$ whatis netstat
    netstat (8) - Display network connections, routing tables,
    interface statistics, masquerade connections and netlink messages
    [compton ~]$

    Find out what server is holding the port open, and disable it. The syntax
    to start with is 'netstat -anptu'.

    >Say Yes To SuSE...

    You may actually find it more useful to point your news reader at the
    Usenet newsgroup "alt.os.linux.suse" which is one of the more active
    Linux groups. You'll probably even find people who can tell you which
    icon or which pull-down menu you should be looking at.

    Old guy

+ Reply to Thread