install GNU GRUB - Help

This is a discussion on install GNU GRUB - Help ; I have installed Fedora core 6 on my pc and it works nice but now i have installed GNU GRUB version 0.97 bootloader. How I don't know. I have 2 hard discs on my pc and on the first hd ...

  1. install GNU GRUB

    I have installed Fedora core 6 on my pc and it works nice but now i have
    installed GNU GRUB version 0.97 bootloader. How I don't know. I have 2 hard
    discs on my pc and on the first hd (with 2 partitions) is windows XP and on
    the second hd (also with 2 partitions) is Fedora.
    When I restarted my pc I got the instal command line from GNU GRUB.
    It shows as followed:

    GNU GRUB version 0.97 (639K Lower / 523200K upper memory)
    [Minimal Bash-Like line editing is supported. For the first word, TAB
    lists possible command complitions. Anywhere else TAB lists the possible
    completions of a device/fliename.}

    grub> command line

    Windows XPis on the 1ste partition from hd1 /dev/hda1
    Fedora Core 6 is on the 1st partition from the hd2 /dev/hdb5
    My question is: How do I continue after grub> - Now I can'nt start up both
    my OS's.
    I think I have to install/configure GNU BRUB? But how?????????

    Thanks for helping
    Ger

  2. Re: install GNU GRUB

    Ger Striekwold wrote:
    > I have installed Fedora core 6 on my pc and it works nice but now i have
    > installed GNU GRUB version 0.97 bootloader. How I don't know. I have 2 hard
    > discs on my pc and on the first hd (with 2 partitions) is windows XP and on
    > the second hd (also with 2 partitions) is Fedora.
    > When I restarted my pc I got the instal command line from GNU GRUB.
    > It shows as followed:
    >
    > GNU GRUB version 0.97 (639K Lower / 523200K upper memory)
    > [Minimal Bash-Like line editing is supported. For the first word, TAB
    > lists possible command complitions. Anywhere else TAB lists the possible
    > completions of a device/fliename.}
    >
    > grub> command line
    >
    > Windows XPis on the 1ste partition from hd1 /dev/hda1
    > Fedora Core 6 is on the 1st partition from the hd2 /dev/hdb5
    > My question is: How do I continue after grub> - Now I can'nt start up both
    > my OS's.
    > I think I have to install/configure GNU BRUB? But how?????????
    >
    > Thanks for helping
    > Ger

    I don't know if this helps, but on the gentoo Linux docs page, it
    explains the GRUB mbr installation procedure. There are probably better
    howtos elsewhere, but this is one that I know of and have used. see:
    http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/handboo...part=1&chap=10

+ Reply to Thread