Network Printing - Help

This is a discussion on Network Printing - Help ; I've got an HP Officejet 7210 All-in-One network printer, and Debian installed on my box. I have not been able to find drivers for Linux for this printer. Any suggestions on how to configure printing from the Debian box to ...

  1. Network Printing

    I've got an HP Officejet 7210 All-in-One network printer, and Debian
    installed on my box.

    I have not been able to find drivers for Linux for this printer.

    Any suggestions on how to configure printing from the Debian box to the
    HP printer?

    My thoughts are that I may need to configure an old box as the printer
    server, and attach the printer to it instead of directly to the
    network.

    Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

    --
    e-mail to bill
    austinhawks

  2. Re: Network Printing

    God Bless Texas wrote:
    > I've got an HP Officejet 7210 All-in-One network printer, and Debian
    > installed on my box.
    >
    > I have not been able to find drivers for Linux for this printer.
    >
    > Any suggestions on how to configure printing from the Debian box to the
    > HP printer?
    >
    > My thoughts are that I may need to configure an old box as the printer
    > server, and attach the printer to it instead of directly to the
    > network.
    >
    > Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

    I think the package you are looking for is hpoj.

    As root, do

    $ apt-cache search officejet

    this will return a couple of packages.

  3. Re: Network Printing

    God Bless Texas wrote:
    > I've got an HP Officejet 7210 All-in-One network printer, and Debian
    > installed on my box.
    >
    > I have not been able to find drivers for Linux for this printer.
    >
    > Any suggestions on how to configure printing from the Debian box to the
    > HP printer?
    >
    > My thoughts are that I may need to configure an old box as the printer
    > server, and attach the printer to it instead of directly to the
    > network.
    >
    > Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

    Have a look at http://www.linuxprinting.org/. The closest model they
    have listed is the HP Officejet 7200, which could possibly work.

+ Reply to Thread