Hello All,

Whilst trying to back up my drive i corrupted the dba2 partition and
Fedora Core 3 will now not boot. So i have a new install on another HD
disk and am trying to mount the original disk so that i can retrieve
some data from it. I can see these files under /mnt/sysimage when i
boot with the old disk as master and "linux rescue". It does warn me
that not all files are avalible as some are lost but I can see and
read the ones which I need. When i make the new disk master and boot
from that (everything ok) but I want to mount the old disk (slave).
When i try to mount drive it fails:

mount -t ext3 /dev/dbb2 /mnt/oldrive

mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/dbb2 or too
many mounted file systems

I have tried

e2fsck -f /dev/dbb2
e2fsck -b XXXXX /dev/dbb2

How do i mount it (exactly like linux resue boot) so as to retrieve
the still avalible data from the partition.

I have also tried

mount -t ext3 /dev/dbb2 /mnt/oldrive
mount -t ext2 /dev/dbb2 /mnt/oldrive
mount /dev/dbb2 /mnt/oldrive
mount -t ext3 /dev/dbb2 /mnt/oldrive -o ro
mount -t ext2 /dev/dbb2 /mnt/oldrive -o ro
mount -t ext3 -o ro.errors=recover,errors=continue /dev/dbb2
/mnt/oldrive
mount -t ext2 -o ro.errors=recover,errors=continue /dev/dbb2
/mnt/oldrive

always the above error msg

if i run "dmesg | more" after

"mount -t ext3 /dev/dbb2 /mnt/oldrive"

I get:

EXT3-fs: (DEVICE hdb2) ext3_check_descripters: Block bitmap for group
0 not in group (block 1853189987)
EXT3-fs: Group descriptors corupted !

nothing works. If I can replicate the mount on the linux rescue boot I
can get to my data. I do not care about recovering the disk itself.

thanks for any help