Gnomad2 / RealPlayer 10 Questions - Help

This is a discussion on Gnomad2 / RealPlayer 10 Questions - Help ; Installed Gnomad2 and can transfer files between my Dell DJ and the computer. I can, by using Gnomad2, play the songs off the DJ but it has to be connected to the headset or a set of external speakers, not ...

  1. Gnomad2 / RealPlayer 10 Questions

    Installed Gnomad2 and can transfer files between my Dell DJ and the
    computer. I can, by using Gnomad2, play the songs off the DJ but it has
    to be connected to the headset or a set of external speakers, not the
    system speakers. How can I get the DJ to play the songs through the
    system speakers? Or can't that be done?

    I know that using RealPlayer in Windows I can transfer and play files
    off the DJ. Can you do this using the Linux version (I have 10.0.7.785
    gold)?

  2. Re: Gnomad2 / RealPlayer 10 Questions

    Carl Lucas wrote:
    > Installed Gnomad2 and can transfer files between my Dell DJ and the
    > computer. I can, by using Gnomad2, play the songs off the DJ but it has
    > to be connected to the headset or a set of external speakers, not the
    > system speakers. How can I get the DJ to play the songs through the
    > system speakers? Or can't that be done?

    As long as you play with the DJ, you have to use it's sound-output, if you
    want to use the computers sound-output, then you need to play them on the
    computer.

    > I know that using RealPlayer in Windows I can transfer and play files
    > off the DJ. Can you do this using the Linux version (I have 10.0.7.785
    > gold)?

    If you can access the files as if the DJ was a external harddrive, then as
    long as it's not DRM protected songs. Otherwise, no.

    //Aho

  3. Re: Gnomad2 / RealPlayer 10 Questions

    J.O. Aho wrote:
    > Carl Lucas wrote:
    >> Installed Gnomad2 and can transfer files between my Dell DJ and the
    >> computer. I can, by using Gnomad2, play the songs off the DJ but it has
    >> to be connected to the headset or a set of external speakers, not the
    >> system speakers. How can I get the DJ to play the songs through the
    >> system speakers? Or can't that be done?

    > As long as you play with the DJ, you have to use it's sound-output, if
    > you want to use the computers sound-output, then you need to play them
    > on the computer.
    >

    >> I know that using RealPlayer in Windows I can transfer and play files
    >> off the DJ. Can you do this using the Linux version (I have 10.0.7.785
    >> gold)?

    > If you can access the files as if the DJ was a external harddrive, then
    > as long as it's not DRM protected songs. Otherwise, no.
    >

    > //Aho

    The DJ is connected USB. Do you know how I can access it in RealPlayer?
    The only "external" device in RealPlayer is the floppy. Other file
    locations are my hard drive.

  4. Re: Gnomad2 / RealPlayer 10 Questions

    Carl Lucas wrote:

    > The DJ is connected USB. Do you know how I can access it in RealPlayer?
    > The only "external" device in RealPlayer is the floppy. Other file
    > locations are my hard drive.

    There are two major types, UMS and MTP. UMS is the one I think is the best
    way, but thanks to Microsoft MTP seems to gain ground and your DJ seems to be
    one of those. There seems to be a solution that works in linux that is called
    libnjb and if I have understod things right would allow you to mount the
    filesystem more like if it had been UMS.

    Check libnjb.sourceforge.net for more info.

    //Aho

+ Reply to Thread