Evolution News Reader - Help

This is a discussion on Evolution News Reader - Help ; Hey Gang, Does Evolution ever stop the thrashing around trying to either connect or load the newsgroups? I've triple checked the settings and while I am hitting this group no problemos with KNode, the "inside the Evolution Mail Client" - ...

  1. Evolution News Reader

    Hey Gang,

    Does Evolution ever stop the thrashing around trying to either connect or
    load the newsgroups? I've triple checked the settings and while I am
    hitting this group no problemos with KNode, the "inside the Evolution Mail
    Client" - Outlook Express Capability seems to just sit there?

    TIA

    Dave

    --
    Study History - Know the Future

  2. Re: Evolution News Reader

    On Mon, 19 Jun 2006 15:55:33 -0500, CWO4 Dave Mann
    wrote:

    >Does Evolution ever stop the thrashing around trying to either connect or
    >load the newsgroups? I've triple checked the settings and while I am
    >hitting this group no problemos with KNode, the "inside the Evolution Mail
    >Client" - Outlook Express Capability seems to just sit there?

    Well, what else do you expect from a program that's emulating a mass
    of bugs held together by security holes? Outhouse Excess is the worst
    email program it was my unfortunate job to support when I did ISP tech
    support.

    --
    Joe Zeff
    The Guy With the Sideburns

    --
    Joe Zeff
    The Guy With the Sideburns

  3. Re: Evolution News Reader

    So how did that help him? Nice answer.

    Owen

    "Joe Zeff" wrote in message
    > On Mon, 19 Jun 2006 15:55:33 -0500, CWO4 Dave Mann
    > wrote:
    >
    >>Does Evolution ever stop the thrashing around trying to either connect or
    >>load the newsgroups? I've triple checked the settings and while I am
    >>hitting this group no problemos with KNode, the "inside the Evolution Mail
    >>Client" - Outlook Express Capability seems to just sit there?

    > Well, what else do you expect from a program that's emulating a mass
    > of bugs held together by security holes? Outhouse Excess is the worst
    > email program it was my unfortunate job to support when I did ISP tech
    > support.
    >
    > --
    > Joe Zeff
    > The Guy With the Sideburns
    >
    > --
    > Joe Zeff
    > The Guy With the Sideburns
    > Kill as many as you can; I have a morbid love of excess.
    > http://www.lasfs.org http://home.earthlink.net/~sidebrnz
    > http://www.lasfs.org http://home.earthlink.net/~sidebrnz

  4. Re: Evolution News Reader

    On Sat, 24 Jun 2006 16:35:28 GMT, "The Legend"
    wrote:

    >So how did that help him? Nice answer.

    It suggested that he might not be using the best program for the job.
    HTH, HAND.

    --
    Joe Zeff
    The Guy With the Sideburns

  5. Re: Evolution News Reader

    CWO4 Dave Mann (misterfixit@loveable.com) posted on Monday 19 June 2006
    15:55:

    > Hey Gang,
    >
    > Does Evolution ever stop the thrashing around trying to either connect or
    > load the newsgroups? I've triple checked the settings and while I am
    > hitting this group no problemos with KNode, the "inside the Evolution Mail
    > Client" - Outlook Express Capability seems to just sit there?
    >
    > TIA
    >
    > Dave

    I should have explained that I do not use MS Windows or OE ... I use either
    Pan or KNode running under FC5. What I meant was, the Evolution Mail
    Client is -- I think -- supposed to work like MS Outlook, where you open a
    number of applications from the main window. Evolution's Mail works fine
    but trying to open the news-reader feature caused the system to go zombie.

    TIA,

    Dave

    --
    Study History - Know the Future