Weird printing problem - Help

This is a discussion on Weird printing problem - Help ; Hello I am totally new to linux - I have installed a Suse 10.0 on a laptop. I experience a strange problem when printing. I have a totally new Canon IP 4200 Pixma color printer. I can print test prints ...

  1. Weird printing problem

    Hello

    I am totally new to linux - I have installed a Suse 10.0 on a laptop.

    I experience a strange problem when printing. I have a totally new Canon
    IP 4200 Pixma color printer. I can print test prints - but they only
    come out much smaller than A4 format. (about 25%)

    And from Openoffice 2 - I can not print at all - nothing happens when
    trying to print a dokument.

    Any help or suggestions will appreciatet.

    Thank you and best regards

    Jes

  2. Re: Weird printing problem

    dav wrote:
    > Hello
    >
    > I am totally new to linux - I have installed a Suse 10.0 on a laptop.
    >
    > I experience a strange problem when printing. I have a totally new Canon
    > IP 4200 Pixma color printer. I can print test prints - but they only
    > come out much smaller than A4 format. (about 25%)
    >
    > And from Openoffice 2 - I can not print at all - nothing happens when
    > trying to print a dokument.
    >
    > Any help or suggestions will appreciatet.
    >
    > Thank you and best regards
    >
    > Jes

    try the gimp-print-ijs BJC-7000 driver - it works on my IP4000

    Steve

  3. Re: Weird printing problem

    > try the gimp-print-ijs BJC-7000 driver - it works on my IP4000
    >
    > Steve

    Thank you

    I actually found out that canon has a Linux driver

    http://software.canon-europe.com/sof...302.asp?model=

    - and I am currently trying to install it. Its a bit complex I think -
    with command lines that does not work etc. - but I hope i will succeed
    eventually.

    Best regards

    Jes

  4. Re: Weird printing problem

    > Yes, unfortunately still not as good as M$ Windoze, but getting there -
    > we need to put more pressure on the hardware suppliers to build us god
    > Linux drivers.
    >
    > Regards,
    > Steve

    That's right - I will write Canon today