Alsa and fstab - Help

This is a discussion on Alsa and fstab - Help ; Greetings I am running kernel version 2.6.8-3-686-smp on my ASUS A7J laptop. Using aptitude as root, I have gotten every kernel related package I can find for this version of the kernel. I was looking for kernel headers, image, etc. ...

  1. Alsa and fstab

    Greetings

    I am running kernel version 2.6.8-3-686-smp on my ASUS A7J laptop.
    Using aptitude as root, I have gotten every kernel related package I
    can find for this version of the kernel. I was looking for kernel
    headers, image, etc. Nevertheless, while running "make" for
    alsa-driver-1.0.11_4.02, I get...

    make: *** /lib/modules/2.6.8-3-686-smp/source: No such file or
    directory. Stop.make: *** [compile] Error 2

    Obviously the source directory is missing for this version of the
    kernel I have installed. Can anyone point me to the right debian
    package I need or whatever it is that I need to do?

    My second question relates to getting access to my XP partition. I have
    in my fstab the line...

    /dev/hda1 /home/kip/xp ntfs ro,users,auto 0 0

    Because it is NTFS, I don't expect anything more that readonly access -
    which is fine. I just want to grab stuff off of it. The partition
    mounts fine, but the problem is that, even though I create the /xp
    directory in my home folder as user non-root user kip, I still can't
    access it unless I login as root. Can anyone help with that as well?

    Thank you.

    --
    Kip

  2. Re: Alsa and fstab

    On Mon, 05 Jun 2006 22:47:14 GMT, "Kip"
    wrote:

    >The partition
    >mounts fine, but the problem is that, even though I create the /xp
    >directory in my home folder as user non-root user kip, I still can't
    >access it unless I login as root. Can anyone help with that as well?

    What are the permissions on that directory and who owns it?

    --
    Joe Zeff
    The Guy With the Sideburns

    --