Bootmagic on XP-linux w/dual hard drives - Help

This is a discussion on Bootmagic on XP-linux w/dual hard drives - Help ; I imagine the is a Linux utility that will do this job. Has anyone reading this had experience with Symantec Bootmagic as dual boot? I can get XP to run with boot magic enabled, and I can log in to ...

  1. Bootmagic on XP-linux w/dual hard drives

    I imagine the is a Linux utility that will do this job. Has anyone
    reading this had experience with Symantec Bootmagic as dual boot?

    I can get XP to run with boot magic enabled, and I can log in to linux
    on the slave HD using the boot floppy, but I can't seem to get Symantec
    Bootmagic to show linux as a bootable operating system. I know it can
    work, but I don't remember how I got it to work before.

    I re-installed Red Hat Fedora because I had never used it in a long time
    and forgot the root password. After I reinstalled linux, at first XP
    wouldn't boot, but only linux, and then I revived XP using the magical
    boot floppy to fix the XP boot. After that, I couldn't remember how to
    get BM to boot linux.

  2. Re: Bootmagic on XP-linux w/dual hard drives

    Ike Milligan wrote:

    > I imagine the is a Linux utility that will do this job. Has anyone
    > reading this had experience with Symantec Bootmagic as dual boot?
    >
    > I can get XP to run with boot magic enabled, and I can log in to linux
    > on the slave HD using the boot floppy, but I can't seem to get Symantec
    > Bootmagic to show linux as a bootable operating system. I know it can
    > work, but I don't remember how I got it to work before.
    >
    > I re-installed Red Hat Fedora because I had never used it in a long time
    > and forgot the root password. After I reinstalled linux, at first XP
    > wouldn't boot, but only linux, and then I revived XP using the magical
    > boot floppy to fix the XP boot. After that, I couldn't remember how to
    > get BM to boot linux.

    How about using the dual boot facilities in Linux using either LILO or GRUB.

    --
    JosephKK
    Gegen dummheit kampfen die Gotter Selbst, vergebens.**

+ Reply to Thread