Help with Bounce Message - Help

This is a discussion on Help with Bounce Message - Help ; Hey Group, I think that this message which I received this morning is one of those random things where my email address was harvested or something. Can you advise and if I have a bigger problem? I am running FC3, ...

  1. Help with Bounce Message

    Hey Group,

    I think that this message which I received this morning is one of those
    random things where my email address was harvested or something. Can you
    advise and if I have a bigger problem?

    I am running FC3, and have run Guarddog to close out all kinds of ports.
    The FC box (192.168.1.104) runs into a Router (192.68.1.1) which has three
    Windows machines plugged into it.

    Help? Advice?

    Cheers,

    Dave

    -----------------------------------

    The original message was received at Wed, 22 Mar 2006 09:26:56 -0500 (EST)
    from 641913669.hostnoc.net [64.191.36.69]

    *** ATTENTION ***

    Your e-mail is being returned to you because there was a problem with its
    delivery. *The address which was undeliverable is listed in the section
    labeled: "----- The following addresses had permanent fatal errors -----".

    The reason your mail is being returned to you is listed in the section
    labeled: "----- Transcript of Session Follows -----".

    The line beginning with "<<<" describes the specific reason your e-mail
    could
    not be delivered. *The next line contains a second error message which is a
    general translation for other e-mail servers.

    Please direct further questions regarding this message to your e-mail
    administrator.

    --AOL Postmaster

    * *----- The following addresses had permanent fatal errors -----

    * *----- Transcript of session follows -----
    .... while talking to air-yc01.mail.aol.com.:
    >>> RCPT To:

    <<< 550 MAILBOX NOT FOUND
    550 ... User unknown
    unnamed

    Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2006 06:37:46 -0800
    Subject: Finally a Patch that works! p7i

    -----------------------------------
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Study History - Know the Future

  2. Re: Help with Bounce Message

    On Wed, 22 Mar 2006 09:25:17 -0600, CWO4 Dave Mann
    wrote:

    >The original message was received at Wed, 22 Mar 2006 09:26:56 -0500 (EST)
    >from 641913669.hostnoc.net [64.191.36.69]

    The headers on your message show that you're not on hostnoc.net
    yourself. (In fact, hostnoc.net doesn't show up anywhere between you
    and me.) Thus, the message didn't originate with you. The most
    important header on the bounce follows:

    by rly-yc06.mail.aol.com (vx) with ESMTP id
    MAILRELAYINYC68-6ee44215eb0348;
    Wed, 22 Mar 2006 09:26:56 -0500

    Note that although it claims to be from "home.deluxeserver.net," it
    actually came from 64.191.36.69, owned (as it says) by hostnoc.net.
    Equally, comcast.com, your own ISP, doesn't show up in the path, so
    you don't have to worry about being p0wned as a spam relay. Your
    suspicion is correct, and this should be reported to
    abuse@hostnoc.net, as some spammer is spoofing your return address.
    HTH, HAND.

    (Back when I did ISP tech support, I spent some time learning to read
    and track email/usenet headers. It still comes in handy once in a
    while.)

    --
    Joe Zeff
    The Guy With the Sideburns

  3. Re: Help with Bounce Message

    Thank you Joe for the help .... I owe you a free hardware upgrade to the new
    2Mhz clock speed 8088 microprocessor chip!

    Cheers,

    Dave

    --

    Study History - Know the Future