Error message when starting up - Help

This is a discussion on Error message when starting up - Help ; When I try to start Ubuntu (any kernel) I get: /bin/sh can't access tty: job control turned off What is this? How can I fix it?...

  1. Error message when starting up

    When I try to start Ubuntu (any kernel) I get:

    /bin/sh can't access tty: job control turned off

    What is this? How can I fix it?

  2. Re: Error message when starting up

    Em Sun, 26 Feb 2006 13:55:07 +0000, Seeker escreveu:

    > When I try to start Ubuntu (any kernel) I get:
    >
    > /bin/sh can't access tty: job control turned off
    >
    > What is this? How can I fix it?

    At the very least, post the dmesg output

    dmesg /var/logs/systemlogs

  3. Re: Error message when starting up

    SomeDude wrote in
    newsan.2006.02.28.00.54.55.708391@nowhere.net:

    > At the very least, post the dmesg output
    >
    > dmesg /var/logs/systemlogs

    I can't, it sits there and doesn't give me the command line.

+ Reply to Thread